Spicy Cabbage Soup
One of my favorite soup recipes!
In the following I share with you my absolute favorite - a spicy Cabbage Soup recipe. For its great taste I invest also some additional time comparing to other basic and quick cabbage soup recipes. If you prefer however quicker versions with less components you will find on this site many suggestions.
The Spicy Cabbage Soup
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 3 carrots
- 4 stalks celeri, trimmed
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 red peppers
- 3 onions
- 2 cups leek (only if available)
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8-12 cups of water
- 2 cubes of bouillon
- 1 tbsp fresh
- 1 tbsp caraway
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2 laurel leaves
- 2 small dry chili
- 1-2 pods
- some soya sauce
- fresh parsley
1. Wash and chop vegetables. Steam onions and leek with olive oil in a large stockpot. Stir in hacked caraway and garlic. Simmer shortly.
2. Add the rest of vegetables and mashed tomatoes and fill up with water.
3. Add cubes of bouillon (I prefer low sodium), coriander, laurel, ginger and lemon grass and cook over.
4. Bring soup to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 - 15 minutes until vegetables are soft.
Season with soy sauce and fresh herbs
Make soup as often as needed during the week.
Share your favorite cabbage soup recipe with us!
Do you have also a favorite cabbage soup recipe,
please let us know!
Home › cabbage soup recipe › spicy cabbage soup