Here is a small selection of easy diet soup recipes which can replace the cabbage soup.
Traditionally, soup is classified into two broad groups: clear soups and thick soups and you can always find a soup recipe for both groups on the internet or in libraries.
Diet Soup Recipes usually base on clear soups. Find in the following some alternatives to your cabbage soup.
This is a nutritious and actually good soup recipe that I adapted from a magazine. You can similar to the cabbage soup diet eat ALL the soup you want whenever you want. Choose one of your favorite 7 day cabbage soup diet plans on this site and replace the cabbage soup recipe by the following:
1. Lightly grease or spray an 8 quart nonstick pot.
2. Over med-high heat, add carrots, celery, onions and garlic.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes with juices, breaking up tomatoes with spoon.
5. Add remaining ingredients and water.
6. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
7. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
8. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
9. To maintain freshness and nutrients,
keep a 2 day supply in the fridge and freeze the rest in individual
serving size containers.
Today, Chicken soup is one of the most popular soups in America according to Campbell Soup Company. Chicken soup is considered an effective remedy for the the common cold, and is popularly referred to as alternative to the Cabbage Soup. Get here a good recipe.
Using a large pot, heat the oil over a medium head. Add the parsnips, celery, turnip, jalapeno peppper, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook all the vegetables until they are crisp-tender...this should take about 15 minutes.
Add the broth, chicken, carrots, broccoli, collard greens, onions, lemon juice and dill. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
This will make 26 cups of soup.